cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 8s - MMS and Internet problems. Please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I recently purchased got a HTC 8s for christmas and the 02 staff member basically did basic set up and inserted my old simcard used in my blackberry and my 2gb SD card.

On WI-FI, the connection to the internet is fantastic, however, when turned off, it doesnt work. I cannot connect!

He said my tarrif would be the same as on blackberry (500 or something texts, 500mb internet) for £10 a month, instead of £15 as my blackberry had the same tarrif with blackberry messenger ontop.

I tried to send a picture message and receive and it doesn't work either.

What settings do i need to change and if possible can someone list me a step by step guide please?

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92907 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you had the blackberry data bolt on changed to the standard data bolt on?

If that's been done text ACTIVE to 2020 and save the settings.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure, he did most of it and didnt really talk much! Thank you, i'll text it anyways? that may be it all along

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I text activate to 2020, i received a message back saying its now set up and if i need to get settings again, text activate to 2020.

I restarted my phone, turned off wifi and still not working..

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92907 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Go into settings>>more settings>>mobile networks

Make sure Mobile data is enabled then check Access Point Names and see if you have O2 Mobile Web in the APN settings enabled. Reboot the phone and try it again.

If you still have a problem, check in My O2 which data bolt on you have.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

What you said there, i cannot follow step by step somethings arent on that layout, however, it says im on 02 WEB, I am on text and web tarrif but still not working

Message 6 of 6