Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Well HTC have announced their new flagship, as expected the main selling point is a OIS front facing camera.

It does address some of the shortcomings from the previous iterations such as better battery, better rear camera, and more but I feel it is all too little too late to save HTC. They needed to do something big and bold to make people look up, and I feel this phone just won't deliver.

Plus with the price point expected to be that of the S7 it's a tall ask.

Message 1 of 503
502 REPLIES 502

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm disgusted to be honest.. since the first teasers were released well before Christmas I had been anticipating upgrading from my m8 the 10. I'm normally very impatient when it comes to upgrading but I knew this was the one I wanted .. I watched the nexus 6p, s7, lg all pass and when is finally announced we all get told that o2, who I've been with for many years as all of you also have, won't be stocking it! So my refresh contract I was hoping to pay off in may to upgrade will have to wait.. as instead we're being told to go to CPW.. joke if you ask me.
EE seem to be the place I'll go, I've never really been keen on them but I at the moment can't afford to Just go buy the phone outright with other priorities as I'm sure a lot of others can't, and feel very let down by o2.

I think the point above about o2 not being able to add their own bloatware on as HTC have pushed a clean Android is a valid one, and if it's the reason o2 haven't stocked the phone then it's appalling.
Message 111 of 503

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
A "clean" OS isn't an issue for the iPhones though....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 112 of 503

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
A "clean" OS isn't an issue for the iPhones though....

How surprising is that? Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 113 of 503

SurreyBoy77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 36 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all, long time reader and lurker, but not posted in couple of years! (probably since discussions about the HTC M8 coming out on o2!)

Having only read this thread up to the point where the O2 staff member said they were not stocking it, I was on the phone with O2 retentions department to double check there was nothing they could do on the HTC 10 (I'm interested in the mobiles.co.uk 02 3Gb £32ish/month deal with the phone cost free with a voucher code), and the women I was speaking to put me on hold whilst checking. That at least gave me a chance to read the rest of the thread whilst I waited!

Anyway shes come back and said whilst there is no info about this phone on the selling/marketing system they use today, she has been told that come this Monday (April 25th), O2 should be stocking the phone, and basically to phone back on Monday to see what they can offer. As said no detail of deals currently, but shes confirmed something on the o2 system which suggests Monday is the day!

So might be worth waiting till then at least before jumping ship, if you havent already. Bare in mind on Monday at least she suggested it will probably be on the phone only, and persumably online/instore would follow up soon after!

Hope this is of some help to others...

Message 114 of 503

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I hope this information is correct. Obviously on here we are kept updated by admin so I will mention @Chris_K to see if he can shed any more light on this. There is as yet still nothing on the 'coming soon' pages.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/coming-soon/

Message 115 of 503

SurreyBoy77
  • 36 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I mentioned both this forum, and the 'coming soon' pages to the lady on the phone (as evidence o2 were apparently not planning on supplying the htc10). Initially she thought the same that it was not available, so hopefully this is a very new development!
Message 116 of 503

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As I've said before, I'll believe it when Chris confirms it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 117 of 503

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Please assume Chris is correct here. If anything changes, we will let you know.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 118 of 503

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I hope this information is correct. Obviously on here we are kept updated by admin so I will mention @Chris_K to see if he can shed any more light on this. There is as yet still nothing on the 'coming soon' pages.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/coming-soon/

I'm really sorry for anyone who has been told otherwise, but I'd like to let you know I've double checked and can say with absolute confidence that as yet, the decision not to range the HTC 10 remains unchanged. If or when that changes, i'll be the first to let everyone know.

Sorry to hear that one of our retentions agents said otherwise - our systems only have info on current or upcoming handsets we'll be ranging and the HTC 10 is not on our systems, so why this particular agent mentioned Monday 25th, I'm not quite sure - but we'll look into it internally.

Sorry again for any confusion or false hope this agent may have given.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 119 of 503

Simon241
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 54 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K

Thanks for the update wink

Message 120 of 503