Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide to Samsung S2 & Jelly Bean Updates

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

Because I keep answering the same questions over and over I've put this quick guide together to the different versions of the S2 supplied by O2 and where we are with JB updates:

To get your version dial *#1234# and look for the CSC.

Options are:

1. I9100(O2U) - JB released and available on Kies or OTA

2. I9100(XEU) - JB released and available on Kies or OTA

3. I9100(CPW) - JB released and available on Kies or OTA

4. I9100P(XEU) - JB NOT released yet - waiting for Samsung

5. I9100P(O2U) - JB NOT released yet - waiting for O2

Don't ask me "when" the others will be released as I have no idea.

Ask either O2 or Samsung.

I will update when new releases come out.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the difference between I9100(O2U) and I9100(XEU)?
Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
O2U is Network branded...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Allegedly, rumour has it, the 02U for i9100P will be coming out the 1st week of May. Fingers crossed wink

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I realise you can't say when the other firmwares will be released, but is it closer to being released if it says "Waiting for Samsung" or "Waiting for O2"?

I do all my updates through Kies and have the I9100(XEU) firmware. I'm willing to wait for the new version of mine, to avoid bloatware. But was just intrigued to know if I was close to release or still some ways off.

Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
I would expect Samsung to release before O2 in an ordinary world, but I can't believe it's taking them so long TBH.
Message 6 of 19

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Well it's been a long time coming but XEU (UK Unbranded fw) has just been released. I expect CPW to follow shortly afterwards now or you can use my Odin guide to flash XEU on your CPW phone.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/td-p/4634...
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 is beyond lame. By the time jellybean is available for I9100P(O2U) the S2 will be obsolete.

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today my s2 instucted me to update its firmware to 4.1.2 which i did. Now i have No mobile network. It says Disconnected. Help please

Message 9 of 19

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Only one thread required. Answered on the other one.
Message 10 of 19