Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google pixel 2 battery life issues

Dggp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Never had an issue before, my battery was always excellent and lasted well into the following day.

No new apps, I've tried all the hints such as static wall papers and removing unused apps, screen brightness etc. Nothing unusual on the battery usage screen. Just shows that the usual apps I use drain the battery quicker

My battery now lasts about 3 hours on battery saver mode. I haven't had it 12 months yet so surely this isn't right
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's either a faulty battery or something keeping the system awake constantly.
First check would be to see which app or apps updated around the time the issue started. After that, do a factory reset and finally, a new battery may be needed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If it is not clear from the app update, then after the factory reset you could try installing apps one at a time and seeing which one(s) impact the battery usage the most.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 6

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Id also speak to Google if you could and see there dinostic tool they have
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@liggerz87 wrote:
Id also speak to Google if you could and see there dinostic tool they have

@Dggp Pretty sure they mean diagnostic ^^^. In any event, I Googled some phone numbers:

Google UK Direct Contact Number:
  1. 0843 837 5382.
  2. 0800 026 1478. Google plus customer service phone number, Google Apps support.
  3. 0800 169 0455. Google play customer service phone number.
  4. 0800 169 0409. Google help center phone number.
  5. 0800 328 6081.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Dggp, did you make any progress with your battery since you last posted? There's a lot of really good advice in the replies above, please let us know if any of them helped slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6