cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google maps

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mobile phone. It had Google maps already installed on it. Does anyone know how to clear the list of locations that I have used and that are mounting up.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Evening Toks.

Not as simple as just accessing Maps and clearing the search history as Google love to intergrate all their services, this should help though.

Here is how to remove all Google Web History. While signed in to your Google Account from a computer:

1. Visit your Web History page at https://www.google.com/history, or click the gear icon  on the upper right corner of a search results page, and then go to Search history.
  2. Click the gear icon  again on the upper corner of the Web History page, and go to Settings.
  3. Click the delete all link.
  4. Then click the Delete all button to confirm.

Tip: To prevent your future web activity from being stored, you can turn off your Google Web History.

From your mobile:

• Sign in with your Gmail account.

• Go the bottom and enter "settings".

• At the top you should see Search History and a little along "Manage".

• Go to that option and you can delete all, or individual search items.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
With Maps open press menu >settings >offline and cache >clear my places.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies my have confused you its my search list that I cant delete - its getting longer and longer
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Location settings and remove tick from "enable location history"

Also remember this wil sync with any searches you do on your PC if you use Chrome.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope list still there cant get rid of its showing all the addresses and postcodes that I ve used the sat nav directions too.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any ideas

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its the list of addresses Ive searched for that I cant rid of?

Message 7 of 8

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Evening Toks.

Not as simple as just accessing Maps and clearing the search history as Google love to intergrate all their services, this should help though.

Here is how to remove all Google Web History. While signed in to your Google Account from a computer:

1. Visit your Web History page at https://www.google.com/history, or click the gear icon  on the upper right corner of a search results page, and then go to Search history.
  2. Click the gear icon  again on the upper corner of the Web History page, and go to Settings.
  3. Click the delete all link.
  4. Then click the Delete all button to confirm.

Tip: To prevent your future web activity from being stored, you can turn off your Google Web History.

From your mobile:

• Sign in with your Gmail account.

• Go the bottom and enter "settings".

• At the top you should see Search History and a little along "Manage".

• Go to that option and you can delete all, or individual search items.

Hope that helps.

Message 8 of 8