Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Services at 640MB storage and draining my battery

G4Grandad
Level 3: Thinker
  • 39 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
My Note 4 Play Services app is eating up my battery and taking up 640mb The options to force stop/uninstall are greyed out and it's impossible to do anything with it. I have an Xperia X where it takes up only 230 mb and both options are available. An O2 guru on Live Chat tells me it should also be there on my Note but it isn't. He suggested taking it to a guru in store but the guru is away for weeks. Any ideas, please?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

There have been a few issues with the Note 4 and firmware updates.
Unfortunately the only way to fix is to factory reset but make a backup first as it will wipe the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

There have been a few issues with the Note 4 and firmware updates.
Unfortunately the only way to fix is to factory reset but make a backup first as it will wipe the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

G4Grandad
  • 39 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you. That's the answer I expected. The phone is past its best with a cracked screen so I think it's time to retire it
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Good excuse for a new one wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 6

G4Grandad
  • 39 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for that. Very interesting. After reading it I've posted my issue on the Note 4 page of Android Central forum to see if anyone there can offer advice/support. You're so right about how wide spread the problems are and that it looks as if only Samsung could've caused it in their updates. How else could Play Services be accessible on other phones but not on the Note 4? And batteries suddenly have draining/charging issues? The concencus there seems to be it's a way to get Note 4 owners to upgrade our phones. Well, I'll be keeping mine until it becomes unusable because, at 4 years old, it still does everything I need from a phone.
Message 6 of 6