Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3 4G & WiFi Calling

andyproctor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello,

I have just bought a Google Pixel 3 XL direct from a retailer today. I have 4G and WiFi Calling enabled on my Pay monthly tariff but looks like O2 do not yet support this handset for these features.

Can anyone confirm the same or any different? Also can anyone confirm if this is planned to be added in the future, I'm guessing in a system update?

Many thanks.
Message 1 of 62
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Not currently on the list of supported devices https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling but @Chris_K would know if they were planning on introducing it.

We can confirm this is something we’re working on, but currently don’t have any kind of estimate for this. If or when we’ve any updates we’ll let customers know, but with the testing involved, we think it’s unlikely to be available before the new year.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not currently on the list of supported devices https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling but @Chris_K would know if they were planning on introducing it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @andyproctor

Currently not supported

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 62

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

We can confirm this is something we’re working on, but currently don’t have any kind of estimate for this. If or when we’ve any updates we’ll let customers know, but with the testing involved, we think it’s unlikely to be available before the new year.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 62

jrwn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there any update on this post. I have a pay monthly account and have upgraded from an iPhone which had  4G & Wi-Fi calling enabled to a Pixel 3 bought through the Google shop. O2 are selling Pixel 3 now and the set up help shows how to activate VoLTE as a mobile network advanced option with Android 6.0, which I have,  however I don't seem to have that option.  I have poor mobile reception indoors and have relied on Wi-Fi calling since the demise of TuGo, so this is a big problem for me and I don't want to have to revert to my old phone.

Message 5 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @jrwn

Nothing as yet. The list of supported devices remains the same. I will tag @Chris_K to see if he has an update...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 62

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 62

Phill8622
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there anymore news when Pixel 3 will be enabled for WiFi calling as I see since the post by Chris_K the HTC U11 and Doro 8035 looked to have been added. 

My partner now has the Pixel 3 after swapping from iPhone 6 and really benefited from WiFi calling as the signal in our flat is so poor she doesn't get a signal. We have requested a signal boosted from O2 but after having spent 45 minutes being passed to and from 4 departments nobody was prepared to help.

Any sort of time scale would be great appprciated and I look forward to hear from you. 

Regards, 

Phill8622

Message 8 of 62

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Chris_K ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 62

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I'll tag @Martin-O2 and @EmilieT and @Marjo just in case his mentions are still messing about...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 62