cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting My Snazzy New Samsung S3 On Saturday! What Are The Must Have Apps?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am absolutely thrilled to be getting my brand new S3 on Saturday. I want to have some fun exploring it and all its features. To help me celebrate and to get the most out of my new phone can anyone suggest what are the must have apps?

Oh and on a more serious note, i have saved some texts on my old phone for legal reasons. How do i transfer them to my new mobile as I want to flog the old phone!! slight_smile

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's so easy to lose 3-4 hours with a new phone. Only had mine a month and I'm still discovering new things it can do.Smiley Very Happy Many of which I'll probably never have need to useSmiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 17

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@GrahamF wrote:

I can never understand why people insist on adding extra apps to their Android phone to perform tasks their handset already handles!

Juice defender/battery monitor/power monitor/advanced task killer etc......

Extra memory used, extra battery - defeats the object surely? tongue

I think some Android users have caught i-phone-itis, ie/ "there's an app for that"!! wink 

and you all know my feelings on battery saving apps wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

how do u kill apps without the ATK... i was going to get that app as a friend suggested as am new to android phones [got s3 mini fri] am on a learning curve lol

Message 13 of 17

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can just use the built in task manager, long press on the home button and task manager is botom left.

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

think am gonna have to get a friend who has an android to help as i can't see that jonsie derrr me i guess lol.... thanks

Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just let the phone deal with it.. There is no need to kill apps, remove them from lists or anything else like that. The phone is way more clever than we are are knows what it needs open and what it doesn't - It will deal with it if you just let it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ty, but MI5 i thought that uses mb's up? hmm....anyways no worries i've found what you do .... it's case of hold the home button down and it brings it up slight_smile

Message 17 of 17