Did you mean: 

Get some Sense 6 knocked into your HTC One M7

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

How's that for a snazzy title? 😉

You heard me though, the latest KitKat w/ Sense 6.0 update is on it's way and rolling out across Europe, and should be hitting the UK soon. Once I get a heads up that it's available, i'll give everyone a little shout-out here but you too can keep your eyes peeled on the latest info here, direct from the horses mouth so to speak > http://www.htc.com/uk/go/htc-software-updates/

You can also check out the updates and changes that you'll notice once you upgrade from Sense 5.5 to 6 here > http://www.htc.com/us/go/sense-6-update/

Fan of HTC's Sense? Looking forward to the update?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting on ok, I think the themes should be able to be more personalized. You only have 4 and you can change the wallpaper but not the colour of BlinkFeed etc. .

Also I did contact o2 about the update problem and they said to backup and reset. I didn't, just wait as I'm sure you will get the update as demand gets less and the servers can handle it.

Use this link to see the changes for sence 6

http://www.htc.com/us/go/sense-6-update/

Message 61 of 74

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Sorry to hear some of you have had an issue downloading this update - We've been liaising with HTC and some server-side adjustments have been made that should ensure this update goes through without a hitch. For anyone that's had any issues, could you try again for us and let us know?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 62 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5

Sinse updating to sense 6 I seem to get a brief flash of the failure notification icon just before sending or just before receiving texts.

I get them fine & they go out fine but do you know why i'm getting this & how I can solve it?

Thanks

Scott

Message 63 of 74

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149520 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
Not an issue I've seen on mine but I'd start with giving the sim card a clean, just in case its a network connection issue.
Other stuff like clearing cache and default settings from messaging app might help (but you'll have to set up your preferences again) and also check if you have any message limits set up in the message app settings menu.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 64 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok will go that a try, how do i clear settings & cache in message app.

Another oddity I have is very randomly my contact pics will disappear in my message app but not from anything else. I have to go back into my gallery & add the pic again, any idea why this is happening.

Very annoying

Message 65 of 74

MI5
  • 149520 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
Settings >Apps >All, scroll to messaging app, touch to enter then touch clear cache and clear data.
Re contact pics, sync the contact pic with the Google contact info then it will always be there.
Sometimes, if you have Facebook contact sync on it can mess up the phones contact pics.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 66 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to seem a real dunce now but how do i sync the contact pic to google contact.

I dont use facebook sync, I just use a gallery pic for some of the contacts i have.

Message 67 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also still have the failure noticification come up briefly after doing the things you mentioned. Really weird as working fine.

Message 68 of 74

jonsie
  • 94057 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Settings >> accounts >> google >> gmail account >> make sure Sync contacts and sync people details are ticked.

Message 69 of 74

MI5
  • 149520 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Also still have the failure noticification come up briefly after doing the things you mentioned. Really weird as working fine.

There is an option in the message app settings to turn off "failed notifications". Try that to see if it helps?

Message 70 of 74