cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galazy Ace 2 text problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Samsung I8160 mobile. Text message marked as 1 in red circle but wont open? Help plse! Closed it, took battery out and wiped sim but still no go.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Can you see the message that is unread or are you saying nothing is showing in your inbox?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
No it wont open to read.
Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Is it from someone you know?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its the regular weekly one from my bank.
Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sounds like it might be corrupted.
What happens if you long press on it?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
It opened when it said 2 texts. I opened the first which was from O2 then went to the second and wouldn't open it. The long press just takes it back to the O2 one. So still shows one to read.
Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Try going into Settings >Application Manager and scroll down to your sms app. Open it and clear cache and data, then restart the phone.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
It comes up under Samsung account. It looks like I have to uninstall updates in which case I will probably loose six apps. Including network, calls and system tools.
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sorry, you've lost me?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17