cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy note wifi hotspot connection fails

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys. I was having probs with my galaxy note device memory. Kept saying it was full. I got an o2 pay monthly sim and it keeps losing the network atleast 6 or 7 times a day. I use to use my phones wifi hotspot feature to connect my desktop to the net. Due to the memory being full i figured this was the cause of the network issue. So i rooted my galaxy and took everything off it. But the device 2gb memory was still full. So i did a full factory reset from the boot screen. Its cleared the memory issue. But my phone still keeps losing the network. Plus now when i turn my wifi hotspot on. My pc can see it but it will not connect to it anymore. It wont even ask for a passkey. Can anyone help me out with this??
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Check out this thread on XDA for unrooting your note

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2270004

There is also a good guide to using Odin on these forums, If I find the link I'll post it. - no need the link is in MI5's post below.

@MI5 links work fine for me

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Just in case the next question is "how to flash your standard ROM"?
Follow my guide here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know how to flash thats no problem. All i uninstalled was google+ google music player. Samsung music hub. Samsung hub. Crayon thingy....whatever its called. Iv not deleted any official system files. I have the name of the apk you provided. So ill do a search and try to get it that way. The first link you sent took me to a page. But nothing happens when i click to download the apk file. The second link wont do anything. If my search fails ill just unroot it aslong as it doesnt give me probs with that to. Thanks again anyway mate your time is much appreciated.
Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sorry we couldn't do more but as the links are all dead to you too, along with the wifi issue, I'd go back to stock and start over.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I managed to download the apk for the wifi from another site. It turned on but the log listed a ad-hoc error. I tried every setting in the app but no success. So i uninstalled the file again as it was clearly useless. Now my wifi hotspot wont turn on at all.....so yeah. I agree. Im starting again. Iv gave up now. Lol
Message 15 of 15