cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy note wifi hotspot connection fails

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys. I was having probs with my galaxy note device memory. Kept saying it was full. I got an o2 pay monthly sim and it keeps losing the network atleast 6 or 7 times a day. I use to use my phones wifi hotspot feature to connect my desktop to the net. Due to the memory being full i figured this was the cause of the network issue. So i rooted my galaxy and took everything off it. But the device 2gb memory was still full. So i did a full factory reset from the boot screen. Its cleared the memory issue. But my phone still keeps losing the network. Plus now when i turn my wifi hotspot on. My pc can see it but it will not connect to it anymore. It wont even ask for a passkey. Can anyone help me out with this??
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sorry we couldn't do more but as the links are all dead to you too, along with the wifi issue, I'd go back to stock and start over.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
By the way i have a galaxy note gt n7000. Iv been through all settings i can think of
Message 2 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You need a tariff that includes tethering to connect a laptop via your phone, I'm wondering if O2 have blocked the connection.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was working perfectly fine even on my o2 pay and go sims. Now its stopped on all sims. The connection is there as my computer picks it up. But when i click connect it tries to for about 30 seconds then just says cannot connect. In my network explorer it says "attempting to authenticate" and just sits there. So i have a feeling its something to do with my phone but iv no idea what??
When i rooted my device i took off all the google apps including google+. Music hub etc apart from maps and google search. All samsung apps where also uninstalled. I have a feeling though one of thoughs apps had the driver needed for hotspot wifi. I COULD BE WRONG! i could use tethering via usb but that takes longer to load. Its annoying as i need to get online and some pages i use dont have mobile versions.
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm guessing you have removed something that allows the tethering connection.... I'll have a look and see which process is needed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm assuming you are on Jelly Bean, if so, install this mod http://downloadandroidfiles.org/download-wifitether_treve_mod_11_22_2012-apk/

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
The file is a dead link. According to my phone anyway. Im clicking on it but nothing is happening.....i hate android i really do. Yes im on jellybean. And deeply regret ever updating my phone. Ics was so much better. My phone is running jellybean 4.1.2 if thats any help.
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

No, its not a dead link....

I've just downloaded it to my dropbox.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95828527/WifiTether_TrevE_Mod_11_22_2012.apk

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
That link wont work at all. This is pissing me off now. Suppose to be top of the range good tech. They do nothing but make things worse. Iv almost gone back to my nokia 3330 a few times atleast they did what they were meant to do.
Just a thought. But do you know how i could unroot the phone?? Since rooting its caused me even more probs.

Thanks for your effort to help with the apk. Im just sorry you wasted your time.
Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

It's working fine for me, can anyone else check it please....
If you just flash your standard ROM again it will unroot the phone.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95828527/WifiTether_TrevE_Mod_11_22_2012.apk

PS - I don't think rooting the phone is the issue - It's the files you have deleted since rooting that is causing you problems wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15