Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Galaxy nexus volume problems wont go away!

I bought my Galaxy Nexus on thursday 22nd dec and found the phone is still running android 4.0.1 with the annoying volume problem on 2g. It did not update when first activated as it should have done. I travel alot and my new £520 phone is virtually unuseable in certain areas. The most frustrating thing is no matter how many times i check for updates the phone says it is up to date when clearly this is not true, I have spoken to O2 who suggested I try a new sm in my phone "as it sounds like a sim problem". Samsung dont have any updates on their website which leaves me with the options of returning the phone which is a last resort or rooting it which invalidates the warranty. To say im annoyed is an understatement. Sorry for the long 1st post but this shouldnt be happening considering there is a patch out alreay, I feel Google seem to have forgotten about europe and are pooling all their resources in america now.
Any suggestions?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Galaxy nexus volume problems wont go away!

I've seen a few posts recently regarding new handsets not getting the update. You should have got the patch at least.
I'm not sure where we are with 4.0.2 for the Nexus, I'm still 4.0.1 (but with the patch) 4.0.3 is round the corner.
As it is Google who are sending out updates, there is little O2 can do. You could return it and wait for new stock. Not what you want to hear, but I can't see any other way.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I was hoping it wouldnt have to come to that, shame really the phone is amazing in all other aspects. Google have really screwed up with this.
Thanks for the reply.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Updates have stopped for some reason, you will just have to wait until they restart, which is no different from how everyone had to wait when the first fix came out as all phones didnt get it at the same time. Just unfortunate you got the phone at this time.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Think ill wait it out although iv just downloaded the 4.0.2 factory flash from googles support page http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html#yakju.
Might risk voiding the warranty and put it on manually.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Update: Went to my local o2 store and explained the problem yesterday and they attempted to update my phone and failed. As a goodwill gesture they exchanged my Nexus (i had cracked the screen), i woke up this morning and found an update notification on the new phone and proceeded with it. Its still running ICS 4.0.1 but the build number has changed to ITL41F. So far the volume rocker issue seems to have dissapeared and the overall volume of the phone seems louder for ringtones etc.
Highlighted
Anonymous

On XDA people are saying they just got the 4.0.1 'F' update, so it must've restarted in the last day or so, so you may have just swapped your phone for nothing you'll never know lol
Edit if you would've waited a day longer they probably would not have replaced your phone, well done!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I admit I was impatient although its kind of lucky swapped it when i did, cracked screen and all. My first week with the GNexus has been a mixture of emotions!
Thanks for reply
Highlighted
Anonymous

i got my phone from Amazon and they sent me a replacement, which arrived today along with the patch to ITL41F LoL
Highlighted
Anonymous

Bought a grippy silicone case to prevent the new phone from escaping from my jacket pocket again. Nothng worse than seeing youre shiny new toy smash into concrete, battery and rear cover flying off in opposite directions leaving a crack along the bottom of the screen. It was painful! O2 deserve a round of applause for exchanging it, might go out and get a lottery ticket if my lucks going this way. Lol!