Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S2 7.0 update?

Kuribo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Got a preowned tab S2 today locked to o2 and wondering if @Anonymous can tell us anything on the possibility of a software update to 7.0? It is available for the same device on other networks so it does exist but o2 havent rolled it out yet.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yeah, it's usually pretty quick.
Guide here if you need it now. It's old but the process is the same.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/4634...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You could always get it unlocked and flash the generic UK version of Nougat if it's already out there.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Kuribo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks. I have got the firmware now from Sammobile, just waiting for o2 to unlock now, they said they'll get back to me within 28 days... I did ask them about a branded update on twitter and got the usual no information at the moment.

Edit - they've done it already, 28 seconds not days! 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yeah, it's usually pretty quick.
Guide here if you need it now. It's old but the process is the same.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/4634...

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4