Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Galaxy SII battery

My Samsung Galaxy SII battery takes 3 hours to charge up from when the message to plug the charger in appears to when it shows 100% charged.
Is this normal? as it seems rather a long time compared to other phones.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Galaxy SII battery

3 hours isn't bad.
An iPhone takes approx. 6 hours to reach a full charge, despite reaching '100%' within about 1-2 hours.
Highlighted
Anonymous

depends on how much battery is left, i assume you have gone from about 15% to fully charged in 3 hours which isnt too bad
Highlighted
Anonymous

depends on how much battery is left, i assume you have gone from about 15% to fully charged in 3 hours which isnt too bad

3 hours isn't bad.
An iPhone takes approx. 6 hours to reach a full charge, despite reaching '100%' within about 1-2 hours.

Thanks for the replies. It seems all is ok then,perhaps I was expecting something that isn't there.I just thought that it would charge up much quicker than this.
Thanks anyway Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

3 hours isn't bad.

hehe. 6 hours?! my iPhone 4 charges (switched on) from flat in 2 hours 30. sounds like you got a dud battery dude.
Highlighted
Anonymous

3 hours isn't bad.

hehe. 6 hours?! my iPhone 4 charges (switched on) from flat in 2 hours 30. sounds like you got a dud battery dude.

No, your phone shows 100%, but it's not fully charged. An iPhone express charges for the first 3 hours it's plugged in so that it quickly reaches 100%, it then trickle charges for the next approx. 3-6 hours until the battery is entirely full.
It's a bit like filling up a glass precisely to the brim, you do the majority quickly then the last little bit slowly so you don't overfill.
Highlighted
Anonymous

so you are basically saying that after approx 2 hours and 30 mins, even though my iPhone 4 says 100% charged, i need to leave it in the charger for a further 3 hours 30 mins to reach a "full charge"? umm. does Apple know about this?
i always thought you can't over charge an iPhone battery. Apple state that charging automatically stops when the battery reaches full capacity, ie 100%. LI batteries have no memory effect so you could charge whenever you like. Apple does recommend that you let the phone completely discharge(turn off on its own) and then re-charge to full capacity once a month, which i do.
if i thought i had to charge my iPhone for 6 hours if the battery was low, i'd had got shot of it a long time ago. last time i had to charge a phone for 6 hours was an old analogue Nokia Ringo i had back in 1997.Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,855
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

http://www.apple.com/batteries/
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Cheers Adam, was looking for that page but couldn't find it Smiley Very Happy