Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S9+ Updates!

chippie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone from O2 care to let me/us know why it is taking so long for you to process and release the latest updates for one of your FLAGHSHIP phones please?

The S9 and S9+ update which FIXES the call dropout issue was released by Samsung nearly a month ago and it has only just hit my phone today!!!

In all honesty this is extremely poor behavior by O2, considering the issue is fixes this should have been pushed through immediately!

You really need to revisit your strategy or just scrap the rubbish you add to the updates and have them come directly from Samsung when released! Looks like it is again time to change my CSC !

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chippie This is not O2 you are talking to. This is a customer forum & we are all customers like you here. @Chris_K is the man to ask about this so I have tagged him in this post 

Message 2 of 8

chippie
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks!

I was aware but I also knwo that they visit/stalk the forums/posts! 😉

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@chippieThe only person who will have information on these update is @Chris_K

Hopefully he will be able to let us know wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
TBH a month for O2 to approve and turn it round is pretty remarkable wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

It isn't the rubbish that they add, it's making sure the update release is compatible with their apps such as My O2, Ask, Priority and My Network. All this for  'a better customer experience'........

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mobile networks have always been notorious for sitting on firmware for months and sometimes years and sometimes not signing off updates at all

It's why I've bought my devices SIM free for the past few years but I don't buy overpriced flagships anyway.

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

I always buy sim free and pay for the phone outright but that doesn't really answer the question asked. Bully for us @Anonymous but the thousands who buy top end phones from O2 for silly money are not in this fortunate position.

Message 8 of 8