Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Galaxy S6 - cannot forget O2 free wireless networks

hi, and hello to everyone that needs this fix

go to o2wifi.co.uk/account then go on devices, and just remove everything, then you wont auto connect any more.

i cannot stand when companies try and inflict their services on you without a choice, which is why i moved to android from apple. really really bad showing this O2, really bad.

Highlighted
Topics: 561
Solutions: 14,387

The choice is yours mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have a Galaxy S6. It was bought unlocked from Amazon. It has never been used on O2, (though the number was prior to 2012. It STILL connects to O2 wifi with no way to stop it. I've logged into my old O2 account but there is nothing there to delete.

How can I stop it connecting to O2 wifi?

Thanks.

Tom

Highlighted
Topics: 561
Solutions: 14,387

Turn off wifi I guess - dunno why it would still be connecting but you could also try installing the o2 wifi app and disconnecting / logging out from there?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,925