Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 - cannot forget O2 free wireless networks

Robsa
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there

Very irritating, I can't tell my S6 to forget O2 free wireless connections.
Normally you long press on a connection and have the option to forget it, but not O2 WiFi. I tried deleting my phones profile in the O2 wireless app, but all that does is constantly redirect me to a registration page.
I don't want my phone constantly trying to join useless O2 WiFi hotspots a I'm walking around London. I have a 20gb contact and it's just irritating, causing unloaded pages and breaks in streaming media.

Please somebody tel me how to remove it! And don't say "just turn off wireless" because I need to connect to others.
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, and hello to everyone that needs this fix

go to o2wifi.co.uk/account then go on devices, and just remove everything, then you wont auto connect any more.

i cannot stand when companies try and inflict their services on you without a choice, which is why i moved to android from apple. really really bad showing this O2, really bad.

Message 31 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The choice is yours mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Galaxy S6. It was bought unlocked from Amazon. It has never been used on O2, (though the number was prior to 2012. It STILL connects to O2 wifi with no way to stop it. I've logged into my old O2 account but there is nothing there to delete.

How can I stop it connecting to O2 wifi?

Thanks.

Tom

Message 33 of 35

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Turn off wifi I guess - dunno why it would still be connecting but you could also try installing the o2 wifi app and disconnecting / logging out from there?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 35

jonsie
  • 92915 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions