cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 and car connectivity

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a brand new VW Touran with a factory fitted car kit, and dealer fitted Kenwood multimedia/navigation system. Both of which I was able to connect and sync with using Bluetooth from my S4.

But then I upgraded to the S6.

Car kit - I can connect fine, sync address book, and dial out... but, no sound from either car audio or handset. I've tested this out with my home phone. The call is ringing out, and connecting but is muted. Same goes for incoming calls. No sound. Is there a secret setting hidden away, or am I just holding my mouth wrong?

Multimedia system (Kenwood DNX525DAB). Again worked with the S4. I had successful upgraded the Bluetooth firmware on the DNX5 and this was working fine with the S4. The S6, a different story. Both devices pair okay, but the options for what can be accessed by the DNX5 continually change. Invariably they turn themselves off. I can enable phone and media from both devices, but the S6 keeps turning them off. I slide the button across to enable, it stays on very briefly then slides straight back. Very very occasionally they stay on, and I can stream music from my phone to the DNX5, and also I have been able to receive and make calls from the DNX5 unit (which isn't accessible from the phone controls on the steering wheel, great for laybys but not for answering calls whilst driving - hence wanting to use via car kit). 

The DNX5 unit has a Garmin navigation system built in. Apparently I can use Garmin Smartlink from the S6 to update the satnav on the hoof about traffic, weather and roadworks.  This was something I never tried with my trusty S4. The S6 shows that it is connected  (sometimes! ) to the satnav using smartlink, but the satnav is showing no connection. Again another Bluetooth issue.

So in a nutshell, I'm guessing that the issue lies with the Bluetooth on my S6. Is there a fix? I hope so, because as it stands I really regret upgrading to the S6.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Fingers crossed then. Keep us updated pls.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 11