cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Wifi Calling

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can anyone tell me when and if Wifi Calling will be enabled on the S6 Edge Plus?

I was offered it on my account and had it suggested to me via a message from O2 so I enabled it thinking it was compatible, this disabled TuGo which suited me fine as that was pretty unreliable.

I looked in the phone settings to see if I could enable it but couldn't find the option, I only then discovered that all O2 online instructions for Wifi calling were for S7 etc so it looked like it wasn't going to work.  I contacted support via the online chat and the person/robot at the other end insisted my phone was in fact supported and it should be working.

It doesn't seem to work so guess that was wrong.

So, any clues?

Cheers

Mike

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
S6 is not currently supported but we are told to expect more phones to be added soon.
Even then, you will need a phone running o2 customised firmware.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
S6 is not currently supported but we are told to expect more phones to be added soon.
Even then, you will need a phone running o2 customised firmware.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, much as I had assumed.

My Phone was bought from O2 and is un-modified so fingers are crossed that it will soon be enabled.

I suppose I will have to disable it on my account and re-install TuGo then <Sigh>

Message 3 of 10

mavericke
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous

You can also retrieve more information from this webpage.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, still no support for wifi calling on the S6 Edge Plus and tu-go is apparently ending.  Contracts up too so looks like that's me away from O2 then.   

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Nope, it seems like "we're adding more phones soon" is also a load of bull......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Nope, it seems like "we're adding more phones soon" is also a load of bull......

Agreed...Along with 'we are releasing an app that will replace Tu which includes texting'...Smiley Mad

If any of this is vaguely true, then lets just say 'Too little.. too late!'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Agreed...Along with 'we are releasing an app that will replace Tu which includes texting'...Smiley Mad

Has no-one anything positive to say about O2 lately, I wonder? 😛

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Has no-one anything positive to say about O2 lately, I wonder? 😛

Yes I get good 4G coverage where I live and owning my own phone, my sim only contract is good value for money. However...this is finished in January...soooooo...upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There is not much I can say about O2 at the moment, certainly nothing good. 

Message 10 of 10