cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 Edge+ Fingerprint Sensor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Just got my Edge+ today and i find out the first issue with it (havent found anything else just yet) in the fact i get an error with the fingerprint sensor, the error pops up "An Error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor, if this message appears repeatedly, restart your device" and after numerous restarts/switch off the error still occurs, now in the phone dialer i did the *#0*# which brings up the secret menu, i head to "sensor" and find under the Fingerprint test, the version is "null" when it should be 0.0.0.0 or something (Youtube video i saw this) doing the test it starts and doesnt respond, going into "sensorinfo" i get the error "unfortunately HWModule test has stopped" 

i'm not sure if this is a hardware specific issue or a software one where a simple re-install of the firmware may solve it but this surely shouldnt be an issue on a brand new phone, what can i do?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd try a factory reset first and if it continues to play up, swap it for a new phone.
You have 28 days to exchange a faulty phone for a brand new one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd try a factory reset first and if it continues to play up, swap it for a new phone.
You have 28 days to exchange a faulty phone for a brand new one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I certainly wouldn't be hanging about correcting issues with a brand new phone. I would swap it asap...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I agree but only after a factory reset as it may not be faulty.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I agree but only after a factory reset as it may not be faulty.

Not arguing with you of course...only saying what I would do....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As it's the same as what I would do, I agree slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6