cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 O2 Update rolling out

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to http://samsung.youmobile.org/ there is an update for the Galaxy S5 on O2.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144167 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes, it's the maintenance update that Chris_k told us about last week.
The return of silent mode, lol.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes at last!

Got the BOC7 update yesterday (over 300mb); this update fixes the previous stupid 'priority interruptions' nightmare & replaces it with something along the lines of the familiar 'blocking mode', which they have now called 'do not disturb'. Much better, thanks O2.

Message 3 of 15

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not going to bother to update. The lack of silent mode on 5.0 doesnt bother me as there is a workaround by just putting on vibrate and turning the intensity to zero

Rather not update the OS as seems half the time causes more problems
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to report my wife's s5 got the update 2 days ago. Update went on fine. As many already said the silent mode is back. Not noticed any battery or speed issues so not going to reset for this update. Pretty painless really.

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone noticed if this update has fixed the contacts has stopped working issue?
Message 6 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It is supposed to fix that but in the meantime disable google+ and I think you will find the problem disappears. It worked for me on the Note 2.

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers @jonsie still can't find the mute button tho 😕
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
All that has changed is "do not disturb"
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best update ever. Totally fixed my lollipop problems. All the lagging gone. Not getting the "contacts has stopped message" any more. Battery seems ever so slightly better. Same improvements on my brother's and his wife's. I don't think I'll ever update again now! If it ain't broke... slight_smile

Message 10 of 15