cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 freezing since update to Android 4.3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very annoying, but I am getting loads of hang....     time, since the update a couple of days back. The phone is sluggish, slow to charge, but most annoying is when you are in a rush to send something and the phone just......            stops responding for about 5 seconds.

Is this a known issue, can it be fixed and ideally without a start from scratch factory job, which I think wipes everything on the phone?

Thanks

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Jaycr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry I know I'm being an idiot but when you do the Vol up + Home + Power thing you get the option to continue by pressing the Up vol button which puts you in download mode but I cannot see where you do a factory reset from there. Am I missing something obvious?
Rgds, Jim
Message 11 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you are going into download mode you are pressing vol down, you need to make sure you are holding volume up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 27

Jaycr
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

See! I told you I was being an idiot! Thanks again. Rgds (red faced) Jim

Message 13 of 27

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries.... easy mistake to make slight_smile
Use the vol keys to go up/down the menu and power key to execute. Choose "reboot now" after you've done the reset to restart the phone normally.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 27

Jaycr
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers, thanks again slight_smile

Message 15 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind commenting if the reset fixed the problem?

@Anonymous wrote:

Very annoying, but I am getting loads of hang....     time, since the update a couple of days back. The phone is sluggish, slow to charge, but most annoying is when you are in a rush to send something and the phone just......            stops responding for about 5 seconds.

Is this a known issue, can it be fixed and ideally without a start from scratch factory job, which I think wipes everything on the phone?

Thanks

Message 16 of 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you mind commenting if the reset fixed the problem

It's essential!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 27

Jaycr
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to let you know my phone is perfect once again after doing the factory reset from the recovery mode. Many thanks for your assistance and also your patience. Without people like you on the forums people like me would be lost. Thanks again! Jim

Message 18 of 27

Jaycr
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The above message was directed to MI5

Message 19 of 27

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Always here to help Jim, anytime slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 20 of 27