cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 firmware update... again?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the lastest firmware version is for an S4 on o2? I currently have I9505XXUEMK8 but I believe the latest is MKE and having trawled the forums I cant see if this is available via o2. Both the OTA update on the phone and also Kies say i have the latest version, although I'm not so sure.

I'm wanting to try and upgrade because of some stability issues with Wifi etc after updating to 4.3 in November. If anyone has any other suggestions on fixing 4.3 stability issues then I'm all ears (factory reset?)

Sorry for asking something which has probably been covered before.

Cheers

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
MK* is the latest UK firmware but your CSC makes no sense, so I think you've written it wrong.
There is a wifi bug in 4.3 which effects phones connected to some routers.
Clearing cache from recovery mode (might have to do it a few times) does help sometimes and a factory reset should always be done after updating any firmware.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there MK8 is the latest on O2 we would always suggest a factory reset after a software update if you haven't done that I would do it it sorted my s4 out after the upgrade
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
MK* is the latest UK firmware but your CSC makes no sense, so I think you've written it wrong.
There is a wifi bug in 4.3 which effects phones connected to some routers.
Clearing cache from recovery mode (might have to do it a few times) does help sometimes and a factory reset should always be done after updating any firmware.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3