cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Carrier Unlock won't doesn't prompt for SIM unlock code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya,

I have a Galaxy S4 and was emailed my unlock code to allow me to put any network SIM into the device. I read that if I put a locked SIM into the device it will prompt me for the code however I have tried my wife's EE SIM into the device but I don't get prompted. In  fact it just reports that no SIM is present.

Can anyone advise me please? I have searched everywhere but found nothing.

Cheers,

The Reverend.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149979 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
You should be able to download the O2 update now, but equally as easy to put the unbranded Samsung ROM on the phone - your choice.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! I don't know what power you have but I checked last night for the update and there was nothing. I read your message and BANG! Its there and now downloading!

I will go with this and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Message 22 of 25

MI5
  • 149979 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Hope you enjoy it after all the wait wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 23 of 25

Grilo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

How do I install the unbranded version on my S4?

Thanks in advance.

jgrilo
Message 24 of 25

MI5
  • 149979 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Grilo wrote:

Hi,

How do I install the unbranded version on my S4?

Thanks in advance.

Follow This Guide

Search Sammobile for:

Model Country/Carrier Date Version PDA CSC Kies  

GT-I9505United Kingdom2013 November4.3I9505XXUEMK8I9505BTUEMK5
Message 25 of 25