cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Carrier Unlock won't doesn't prompt for SIM unlock code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya,

I have a Galaxy S4 and was emailed my unlock code to allow me to put any network SIM into the device. I read that if I put a locked SIM into the device it will prompt me for the code however I have tried my wife's EE SIM into the device but I don't get prompted. In  fact it just reports that no SIM is present.

Can anyone advise me please? I have searched everywhere but found nothing.

Cheers,

The Reverend.

Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
You should be able to download the O2 update now, but equally as easy to put the unbranded Samsung ROM on the phone - your choice.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I suspect you have ordered an unlock for a locked sim, whereas you need a network unlock in order to use your phone on another network.

The sim now in use should be left in the phone until it disconnects.

Once the phone is unlocked you can use another network's sim.

Follow the instructions here, it's free for a phone on contract:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

A locked sim only occurs if you set a sim lock and then get it wrong making the phone unusable.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having a simliar if not the same problem....

I've been given the phone unlock code by o2 but the phone will not recogize any other sim card but my o2 so i can't input the code... i've tried 2 different non-o2 sims

Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 25

MI5
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
What firmware are you on ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya,

I am on 4.2.2. ; Baseband I9505XXUBMF8

I want to unlock so I can put a stock unbranded ROM on the device as well as use other SIMs.

I just did a live chat with O2 and they reckon I need to wait for another email or text from them telling me that it is unlocked and giving me a code (again).

I tried typing in #7465625*638*# and then entering the code but that didn't work.

I also downgraded the modem to allow me into the Service Menu and tried the Golden Backup restore but that also hasn't worked.

Its reassuring that someone else is getting the problem too! slight_smile

TheReverend.

Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's strange I am on the same firmware and my code worked first time with a non O2 sim and unlocked
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply but I filled out that form to get my code. I was also given instructions by O2 how to bring up the prompt to allow me to enter the code. My phone is working fine, its just telling my I don't have a SIM in my phone when I put a non-O2 SIM in; its not even prompting for the unlock code.
Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm wondering if it's a faulty phone
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought that but the fact someone else is getting it too makes me wonder. I tried an EE SIM and an Orange SIM and both failed.

Message 9 of 25

MI5
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Most strange.... Not come across this before except in a phone that is already unlocked.
Message 10 of 25