cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 battery problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I got home from work yesterday, I noticed I'd inadvertently allowed my phone's battery to drop to 3%. Normally around 10-20% I'll change the battery over to one of my spares. Anyway, I plugged it in straight away and went about my evening.

A few hours later when I was going to bed, I checked my phone to find that it had changed to only 11% which I thought was odd. About 7-8 hours later when I woke up, my point had charged 69%. Surely this can't be right?
Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
ebay, amazon, high street store, market stall, Tesco, ASDA..... any more...? Just check they are rated at 2 amps (Regulated) before you buy.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ishould add it's a relatively new phone, I got it last Saturday and I've noticed sometimes restarting the phone will cause the battery life to drop about 10% and playing games like Asphalt and Sims for only a few minutes will really effect my battery life even while charging.
Message 2 of 22

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
These phones ideally need a 2 amp charger. For some reason, some only come with a 1 amp charger. If you seek out a 2 amp version you will see a big improvement.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dumb question, how do I find out the amp? The charger I take to work is one I bought from a phone shop which isn't like the one which came with the phone, it has a longer lead and looks very much like the chargers shipped with the SGSI and SGSII. Perhaps I should use that one?
Message 4 of 22

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Look at the printing on the charger. It will say "Output 5V 1amp" or 2 amp, it might even be in mil amps but will be one or the other.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where can I buy one of these 2amp chargers?
Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
ebay, amazon, high street store, market stall, Tesco, ASDA..... any more...? Just check they are rated at 2 amps (Regulated) before you buy.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you
Message 8 of 22

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

A Google search will find loads of them.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi could you link me to one on Amazon, I can only find 0.7mA chargers? Thanks very much
Message 10 of 22