cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 and wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm suddenly having issues connecting to home wifi - never had this issue before the entire time I've had the phone.  All other devices iPad etc connect fine - have tried the obvious stuff like rebooting router, rebooting phone, removing network and reconnecting - it says "obtaining IP address" then after 3 or so tries "disabled".  Searched the forums and found posts about this from about a year ago and followed the instructions there to no avail.

Any ideas folks?  I'm with BT Infinity if that makes any difference.  Used all my data for first time ever because of this. Spoke to a guru online who just wanted to take my phone off for repairs - but pretty sure its something thats just changed since my other half has exact same phone and exact same issue - and its only occurred since last week - seems unlikely both phones would suffer an identical breakdown issue

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

On further investigation I've come across this article 

http://ukmobilereview.com/2012/06/samsung-galaxy-siii-bt-infinity-wifi-bug/

Is anyone else having this issue and if so how did you fix it?

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Out of interest has the firmware been recently updated on your S3, to coincide with the problem..?  Odd how the problem has suddenly arisen.  Or has the firmware on the router been updated, even by BT remotely and silently..?

I regret I don't use an S3 so can't help much but I've read that clearing the cache partition can cure 'funnies'.  Might be worth a shot at least.

Jonty.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply - yes it updated fairly recently.  How does a person "clear the cache partition" pray tell 😛  No clue what that means, but willing to try anything.  Yesterday the phone connected as normal - but today its happening again - its really irritating.  Nothing has changed - the router remains connected etc etc.  If it was just my phone I'd think it was in need of repair, but the fact that there are two identical phones in the household having the same issue makes me think its software/firmware based.

Edit: I've googled clearing the cache - found a guide - done that - no change *sigh*

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I guess you could always perform a factory reset and rebuild the phone again? A pain I expect but another avenue to rule out. Else you might just have to wait for an O2 firmware update.

Jonty.
Message 5 of 5