cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 SMS Sending Failed

Anonymous
Not applicable

My S3 has just started this problem, i try to sent a text and it fails, i click on resend and it works fine.

I've been into settings, done a force stop and reset settings and clear cache but still it persists.

I rebooted the phone as well and nothing seems to work.

I deleted the last apps i installed incase it was a conflict with them but alas the issue persists.

HELP !

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Can only assume a temporary network glitch....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
My wife has an S2 on O2 and she has no issues, either does my mother with her Galaxy Ace
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
My wife has an S2 on O2 and she has no issues, either does my mother with her Galaxy Ace

You didn't say that before wink

But as you've tried all the usual resets, if it continues, you will have to get the phone looked at by a service centre.

When you rebooted did you remove the SIM card for a few mins first?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing has happened to me since the 2013 came in, sometimes it will send sometimes it wont i tried to search networks in the hope this works, so far so good.. It is rather annoying tho. im in the highlands of scotland so the network cant be bad all over the uk as it only seems to be samsung galaxy phones that have this problem??

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im having the same text sending problems on my Galaxy Note 2.  Fails on first send then goes on the resend, tried all the usual stuff but not fixed it so far.

I know a few friends are having the same problem and they arent using Galaxy phones, i suspect its a glitch left from the strain on the network at the New Year.

Message 6 of 6