Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 4.1.2 Released

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Samsung have released 4.1.2 for the S3 today for unbranded devices. Your device will update automatically but you will have to wait your turn. Go to Settings >About Device >Software update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Would a factory reset help?

Compulsory in your case. Kies will back up your entire phone....,.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I'll give it a go and let you kow I get on.

Message 32 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately Kies doesn't back up everything, after a factory reset I restored from a full backup and I still needed to input all of my WIFI acess points manually and restore all ringtones and notification tones manually plus wallpapers and home screen icons.

not what I would expect from a "Full" backup & restore!

Message 33 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately Kies doesn't back up everything, after a factory reset I restored from a full backup and I still needed to input all of my WIFI acess points manually and restore all ringtones and notification tones manually plus wallpapers and home screen icons.

not what I would expect from a "Full" backup & restore!

Totally agree with this, i have not yet completed a succesful restore through kies. Shameful program 😞

Message 34 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not saying that this is a good idea or anything.........but..I have never done any kind of back up, or re set, before or after doing these last two big updates. JB and the more recent version. Never had any problems. I've never managed to use Keis. It just doesn't seem to run properly at all on my pc, so I just uninstalled it. 

It seems easy enough to move stuff from phone to pc and back without it anyway. 

Message 35 of 35