Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 4.1.2 Released

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143444 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Samsung have released 4.1.2 for the S3 today for unbranded devices. Your device will update automatically but you will have to wait your turn. Go to Settings >About Device >Software update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
  • 143444 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
So much more slight_smile

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/4-1-2-for-I9300-released-today/td-p/36...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 11 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you are right, there is more than just the battery tweak. Though I really hope they have put that in there somewhere!! 

I've turned off the multi window thing. Is any body really going to want two things open on the same screen? 

I've read about the page buddy thing,  but still not sure what it's all about, so it's turned off slight_smile  Phone is slower for some reason, to auto rotate.

There were also a few apps which came with the update, none of which I want to keep, but can't seem to uninstall them either. Does anyone know how  to uninstall them? PS ....it isn't the usual way that you uninstall an app.

Message 12 of 35

MI5
  • 143444 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you can't freeze (or uninstall) them in application manager your only choice is to root the phone and use Titanium Back up to remove them.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got mine this evening, just exploring the update at the moment....

Message 14 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice upgrade but one complaint...who nicked the night mode on the camera!!! Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought they changed it to low light mode. May be wrong but they're similar anyway.
Message 16 of 35

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I got this OTA b4 Christmas, as usual I did a reset.. only then did mult screen appear. Ive turned it off as just a battery drain until u need it.

I rhink going from the office app to gmail is about the only time id use it. Si I dont have to keep sjutting n opening to send n reply to a document.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 17 of 35

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Got the upgrade but had to connect to Kies to get it. Everything went smoothly apart from having to sign in to my email and utility apps. As above, whilst the split screen may be useful in certain situations, it's switched off as I have no need for it normally.

All share cast is something else I have no need of. Can't say I have noticed any battery benefit but I have found that the stand alone app Street View is now integrated into Maps.

Message 18 of 35

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I could have sworn a FEATURE of JB is we can get rid of bloatware, yet still we r stuck with hungry crap we could get an app for should we desire
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 19 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know what happened to autocorrect and stuff?

I was using it before the update and got used to its annoyance, since the update it's disappeared and I can't find the option for it anywhere.

Message 20 of 35