Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 4.1.2 Released

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Samsung have released 4.1.2 for the S3 today for unbranded devices. Your device will update automatically but you will have to wait your turn. Go to Settings >About Device >Software update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Click PREDDICTIVE TEXT in keyboard settings

It works better. All I need are first few letters n my email addy is there without typing all of it. This is one of the best predictive since nokia.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 21 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is no option for auto correct anymore, it just doesn't do it!
Message 22 of 35

macblank
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Ah I get u now... I have only known an iphone to replace words as you typed.

But the predictive text feature is very good... u just tap the word that is suggested in the box anove the keyboard.

I cant say ive noticed any android that replaced as u typed like on the iphone.
Samsung Galaxy S3

Message 23 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would I be correct in thinking that this update will require another factory reset? I have just downloaded and installed, but am wondering whether a reset is necessary.
Message 24 of 35

macblank
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
@jonny

It is best to reset after any update in the same way u reboot a pc.

All u do is update bia sync on the handset and if u can, do a back up on kies.i have all my music on my sd card and with Dropbox all my fotos n videos are auto synced online.

Then do a reset.

What u do when u reset is remove anyn old cache of the old version which can clash with the update.
Samsung Galaxy S3

Message 25 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that. I just wasn't sure if the reset was needed with it still being version 4.2.x .
Message 26 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded my SGS3 to Android 4.1.2 2 days ago when I got the notification and since the upgrade I have not been able to connect to any of WiFi networks I normally connect to e.g. my home and friends and family wifis. it attempts to connect but then reports authentication error. So I can only use 3G at the moment which is killing my data allowance. I have use the online chat support from 02 but their advice didn't help at all. it being reported on forums on the web as a problem but there doesn't seem to be a fix. At this rate I will need to revert to 4.1.1 

Any ideas? Or has anyone come across this problem themselves?

Message 27 of 35

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Long press on the wifi connection you are attempting and choose forget from the pop up menu. Then reconnect ensuring you are putting in the correct password (case sensitive remember). You did do a factory reset after updating didn't you?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried forgetting the wifis listed and reconnecting as someone had suggested but still no luck.

I haven't done a factory reset but have tried restarting & removing battery. I didn't want to lose any data on the phone to be honest. 

Would a factory reset help?

Message 30 of 35