Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Galaxy S2 ICS

there have been betas of ICS for the S2 available since around last xmas, going from very early drafts to the latest 4.0.3 beta which is good for daily use. been runnin wanamlite ICS for a few days, its nice, but adds nothing IMHO to GB 2.3.6 apart from a few cosmetics (which can be modded via vertimus's ICS theme) etc.
latest checkrom v6 (2.3.6) is WAY smoother than the latest ICS leak, and even the new compatible siyah kernel alpha 3 is way off competing with its GB counterparts. the first official vers of ICS for the S2 needs to be summat VERY special in terms of performance and battery life, before i'd run it as a daily driver Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'll believe it when I see it. The latest on the cards are the roll out is on March 15th, which could mean they decided to delay it for marketting reasons. When they seen how many people they , they seen the errors of their ways especially with other handset manufacters with working builds of the OS. You know what, for all the bad things you can say about Apple at least their updates are consistent.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

This is from the official Samsung blog, so better news for Galaxy S II owners:
http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=12233

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

Looking forward to the update! Mine is still at 2.3.4, and finds nothing (not even 2.3.5/6) when I update via About Phone > Software Update.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Looking forward to the update! Mine is still at 2.3.4, and finds nothing (not even 2.3.5/6) when I update via About Phone > Software Update.

Keis gives more updates, mine is on 2.3.5 and that was through Keis, not OTA.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
Just read an article which is from techradar about carrier release for ICS to the SGS2, it is quite laughable and so typical of O2.
http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and ... it-1070589
Please note the O2 section!
"O2 has now confirmed it is working on the Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich update, but it won't be rolling it out to customers until mid-April. Disappointing O2, disappointing"
Sorry I apologize in advance for ranting and am a patient person, but this is *******!
*** do they need to do with an update that takes over a month to sort!?
As of the 19th march when the official generic ICS update hits europe, I go generic!!
You can stick your branding up your **** O2!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

They need to put the O2 Priority app which they installed without asking anyone anyway...plus that lovely loading screen., that takes weeks of testing you know Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Anonymous

Anybody had any success with de-branding their O2 S2 and getting ICS on it? Any online guides/instructions you found particularly useful? Having previously used a non-branded Android handset, I'm not liking the idea of waiting for ICS while o2 make it more ugly and cumbersome.
As many have pointed out elsewhere, making customers wait for carrier bloatware does not make for happy customers (in case anyone from O2 is reading!).
Cheers,
Matt
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
SHEESH! Somebody must be taking notice lol, all my choice words from my above post have been removed even though I removed parts of the text, I hate myself when I rant :robotmad:
If you want to debrand it really isn't that difficult as long as you are in the understanding it voids your warranty and can brick your phone if not done correctly!
Some of the threads over at xda devs explain it very noobishly so anyone can follow the instructions.
Here's an older thread but the content still applies.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1064894