Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Galaxy S2 ICS

So Samsung are saying a Mid March release of ICS, can O2 confirm a date of when this will be available to us?
I had the HTC Desire and I hope the O2 have learned their lessons from that upgrade process!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Galaxy S2 ICS

I'd have thought consumers would have learned from that "update process" as well Smiley Wink
I.e if you want the updates asap buy the phone direct and unbranded.
Otherwise you're putting yourself in the position where your updates will need (O2 in this example) branding so there will be a delay in doing this over the unbranded releases
Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 best be on the ball with this. i'll be waiting for my sensation xe to get upgraded to ics at the end of the month. please dont let us down o2 !!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

If you debrand your phone you get the generic european updates with kies. It certainly got me onto 2.3.4 earlier than O2 got there.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm confused about whether it'll work. Kies has been perfectly happy updating my phone with 2.3 iterations?
I guess I'll need to get rid of the O2 firmware first tho :/
Highlighted
Anonymous

If you do de-brand, you're effectively getting the Samsung version without the O2 additions. You get the nicer (IMO) boot animation too.
You will probably have to set up the settings for mobile data though, under "Wireless and network" > "Mobile networks" > "Access Point Names"
Highlighted
Anonymous

Cheers, I'll make a note Smiley Happy It'll be good to lose the O2 stuff as it's useless.
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

[ Edited ]
I'm not a Galaxy S2 owner, but I just saw this article online and thought it would be of interest to those of you who do own one:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/sam ... laxy-s-ii/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeah I saw T3 mentioned it was out tomorrow, but the Samsung page they cited had no mention of it by the time I looked.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I was really annoyed at their lame excuse. At least come up with something believable Samsung.