Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Galaxy S 2 ICS update (MOD HELP)

SO you took a trip over to XDA then paul? - I've found it an invaluable source of information over the past year.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Sure have kp and thx to them have sky go working on my ICS phone where as Sky can't give a date as to when they will have it up and running. lol
iechyd da
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Don't know if it helps, but if your 'CSC' value has a 'P' after the 'I9100' (eg: I9100Po2xx instead of I9100o2xx you can't upgrade 'till o2 says. they told me all phones will have it, but thats just not true as I bought my phone a couple of days after the release date.

Having read a few more threads I guess you already know this Smiley Happy

However, it is still good to know that even tho o2 staff in the shops and on the phone say this phone is shipping with ics, it isn't.  i had the same convo as the op and was left just as frustrated.

I was advised to wait out my 14 day cooling off period to see if the update arrives then return the phone. hardly customer service

Highlighted
Anonymous

btn,

You hase just got your S2 phone then? You were told it had ICS already installed?

If that's the case and your not happy then don't wait until your 14 days cooling off peroid or you will have to keep the phone. Yes it's very confusing with phone's being the same but different and the time it take's to get the whole range of S2 on ICS. At the end of the day that's while carriers push idevice's due to them all having the same IOS. As kp has stated on another thread it's time for google to make sure that their OS is the same for all device's come what may, that was supposed to happen with ICS but as you can see it's not working. Google released ICS then Samsung played with it and released it and then O2 had a mess around before they released it. Crazy if you ask me and I can no see why more & more people are rooting their phone's so they can have the full ICS without all the bloatware added.

iechyd da 

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

thanks paul. ... yes, i asked them in the store and on the phone re ics, both said phone is shipping with ics. furthermore, my ex wife also ordered an s2 which she received today. at my insistance, she also asked for confirmation that ics was on the phone, and they are still saying it ships with ics, which is now a blatant lie as they are fully aware it does not. the good(?) news is that the 'p' is allegedly the latest version, and has NFC which seems pretty cool

ps .. they advised me to return the phone and take out a new contract on the GT I9100, which i believe is an older model Smiley Happy. i think just ditching them for another provider would not help much, so i guess i am stuck with half of what they sold me or nothing. not a great state of affairs, but typical for a big company today

Highlighted
Anonymous

Im gutted that I don't have it.. I work for orange and we where one of the last networks to push it out, yet everyone has it.. It's even more guttering everytime I open a HTC One S and know they have the ICS and I don't.. I've spoken to my samsung rep who told me due to getting it through carphone warehouse it was pushed out first and available for download.. he wan't sure why I couldnt get it.. It made me even more annoyed when 02 have released it and I still havent got itSmiley Sad 

Highlighted
Topics: 559
Solutions: 14,341

What do you all expect from ICS that makes it so important that you must have it now ??? It's still a phone that does calls, txts, email internet etc. It don't make your dinner or drive your car home for you after a night out !!!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)