Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,898

Re: Galaxy Note7: important information from Samsung

Here I have 3 Samsung air conditioners, a Samsung Fridge-freezer and a 55 inch curved screen 4K Samsung tv (not counting the 32 inch Samsung tv in the bedroom) Am I in danger....?Confused

Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 14,010

@jonsie wrote:

Here I have 3 Samsung air conditioners, a Samsung Fridge-freezer and a 55 inch curved screen 4K Samsung tv (not counting the 32 inch Samsung tv in the bedroom) Am I in danger....?Confused

Probably, but I'd be less worried about the electrical equipment LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted

@MI5 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Probably, but I'd be less worried about the electrical equipment LOL

Yes there is that.....LOL

Highlighted
Topics: 747

According to this article, Samsung are setting up Note 7 exchange booths at airports 'around the world' They will be situated in high traffic terminals

Samsung staff will give you a new phone (unspecified) and help swap your data to the new device

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/18/13314864/samsung-note-7-flying-safe-airport-exchanges

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

It won't help O2 customers though who are waiting for the refund. Good idea in theory and needed as airlines are now taking Note7s from customers before they are allowed to board. I wonder if the scanners would differentiate between phone models if it's packed in your baggage or maybe they will open any suitcase with a mobile phone?

Highlighted
Topics: 747

The booths are placed before you go through security apparently. Also one of the related articles states it is now a federal offence (in the US)  to board any airline with a Note 7.

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

@Cleoriff wrote:

The booths are placed before you go through security apparently. Also one of the related articles states it is now a federal offence (in the US)  to board any airline with a Note 7.

Yes and so it should be and whilst they never used to, I would hope that any hold baggage with a mobile phone will be opened and the passenger prosecuted.