Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note7: important information from Samsung

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-will-ask-all-global-partners-to-stop-sales-and-exchanges-of-...

Samsung will ask all global partners to stop sales and exchanges of Galaxy Note7 while further investigation takes place

on October 11, 2016

We are working with relevant regulatory bodies to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. Because consumers’ safety remains our top priority, Samsung will ask all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 while the investigation is taking place.

We remain committed to working diligently with appropriate regulatory authorities to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device and take advantage of the remedies available.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Here I have 3 Samsung air conditioners, a Samsung Fridge-freezer and a 55 inch curved screen 4K Samsung tv (not counting the 32 inch Samsung tv in the bedroom) Am I in danger....?Confused

Message 41 of 47

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Here I have 3 Samsung air conditioners, a Samsung Fridge-freezer and a 55 inch curved screen 4K Samsung tv (not counting the 32 inch Samsung tv in the bedroom) Am I in danger....?Confused

Probably, but I'd be less worried about the electrical equipment LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 47

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Probably, but I'd be less worried about the electrical equipment LOL

Yes there is that.....LOL

Message 43 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

According to this article, Samsung are setting up Note 7 exchange booths at airports 'around the world' They will be situated in high traffic terminals

Samsung staff will give you a new phone (unspecified) and help swap your data to the new device

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/18/13314864/samsung-note-7-flying-safe-airport-exchanges

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 47

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It won't help O2 customers though who are waiting for the refund. Good idea in theory and needed as airlines are now taking Note7s from customers before they are allowed to board. I wonder if the scanners would differentiate between phone models if it's packed in your baggage or maybe they will open any suitcase with a mobile phone?

Message 45 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

The booths are placed before you go through security apparently. Also one of the related articles states it is now a federal offence (in the US)  to board any airline with a Note 7.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 47

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

The booths are placed before you go through security apparently. Also one of the related articles states it is now a federal offence (in the US)  to board any airline with a Note 7.

Yes and so it should be and whilst they never used to, I would hope that any hold baggage with a mobile phone will be opened and the passenger prosecuted.

Message 47 of 47