Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note II JellyBean 4.1.2 critical update from Samsung

salsoul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

When does o2 plan to realease this critical Firmware update from samsung to address the Exynos Vulnerability bug from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2? 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
O2 will never tell you but 4.1.2 is already out. The update you are asking about is a patch file but f/w is still 4.1.2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 30

jonsie
  • 93987 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Not sure when O2 branded phones will get the update but as it's a minor update it shouldn't want any lengthy testing by O2: Screenshot 2013 01 08 23 37 38
Message 3 of 30

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Indeed it shouldn't.... but you know how it is wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 30

jonsie
  • 93987 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

salsoul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Guys thanks for the replies,

Ive ran the software update every day since the 5th and Im still on 4.1.1.

samsung Kies says im upto date and I dont want to root as the phones only a month old.

so some guidance from o2 would be nice to say "yes were on it and it wont be long" but im guessing from your replies that wont happen. Does the note 2 suffer from the "Sudden Death Bug" also or is that just the S3 ?

Im eager to get this updated and o2 should be addressing this quickly not dragging there heels.

regards

Sal

Message 6 of 30

salsoul
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Its been announced today that 3Three network has just released there 4.1.2 jellybean update for galaxy S3 & Note 2 in the UK..
Message 7 of 30

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Theoretically the note could be effected too but the issue has only been reported on S3's AFAIK. and in so low numbers that Samsung didn't rush to fix the issue. Sorry, in my first reply I had thought for some reason you were asking about the S3 so I assume when O2 release 4.12 for the note it will go straight to XELLA
Message 8 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@salsoul wrote:
Its been announced today that 3Three network has just released there 4.1.2 jellybean update for galaxy S3 & Note 2 in the UK..

I got the update from 3 on Saturday

And my phones battery is discharging at a slower rate than it had been on 4.1.1 slight_smile

Message 9 of 30

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
I've noticed an improvement in battery life on 4.12 too but still not as good as it was on 4.04......
Message 10 of 30