Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Galaxy Nexus Volume Rocker Ghost!!!

Got my Galaxy Nexus on Friday night and so far I've been pretty impressed on the whole.... however..... the volume seems to have a ghost which makes it go up and down at its own accord!! I don't even have to be touching it and when it happens you have to wait for the volume bar to disappear before you can use the screen!!
An interesting note is that it doesn't appear to happen when the sim card is not in the phone, so I'm guessing it is something to do with the sim card slot being so close to the volume rocker!!
I hope and prey that there is a quick fix update for this as I really want the phone!! I got mine online, but I went into O2 and Three in town and they don't seem to have had any problems reported... yet! But seeing as it seems to be widely reported over the internet I think it won't be long before they have some returns to make!!
I for one am planning on calling on Monday to arrange for a new one to be sent out so that I can see if its just my handset thats at fault of if its all of the Nexus'!
I've tried to Tweet both @googlenexus and @o2 but so far noone has piped up!! Has anyone else had this issue?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Galaxy Nexus Volume Rocker Ghost!!!

This is being reported all over the place. Several threads on the Android Forum and xda-developers Not sure if a replacement will do you any good.
I've got the problem too, but I'll hang on for a while and see what Google comes up with.
Could be the reason Vodafone have delayed the launch.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeah I know I have research it alot over the last 48 hours!! Just found this on Youtube to show everyone what we're talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6xlZFcgPlo
Check it out anyone else who's not sure what we are talking about here!!
Think I still want a replacement and a fresh sim to see if I get any luck!!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I must be one of the lucky ones, as I haven't noticed this problem. I tried replicating the behaviour in the youtube video but it just behaves as it should.
UPDATE I do have the volume bug... it happens when making a call when the phone is on 2G, but not when it's on 3G. It makes phonecalls pretty much impossible when on 2G!
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
This is what you want to be following - click the star and you'll be updated via email.
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues ... ry%20Stars
Cnet has written an article about the reported issues. Good to see the ball is rolling...
Highlighted
Anonymous

Not happy... if I wanted a phone that didn't function as intended I would have got an iPhone.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've got the issues with the volume but making calls over 2G is not a problem for me.
Highlighted
Anonymous

The problem I have is that when I make a call on 2G the in-call volume goes crazy, which basically means I can't hear the call.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
Bookmark this thread on XDA Developers. Lots of information, please read before posting :smileywink:
Apparently a Samsung techie is aware of the issue.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1353590
Highlighted
Anonymous

Does anyone get the volume problem when you turn off the NFC option? I get it when on 2G with NFC enabled, but so far I haven't had it when on 2G with NFC turned off.
I tried posting this on the XDA thread but new members can't post on there Smiley Sad