cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Ace will not down load phone book to VW via bluetooth

Anonymous
Not applicable

Galaxy Ace will not down load phone book to VW phone system in car via bluetooth.  Phone syncs and is recoignised and speakers work when I dial a number but the phone book (contacts will not load at the settings prompt.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Full remote sim support doesn't come on android until ICS. Apparently, ICS will be coming later in the year for the Ace (April time from memory).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is merely guesswork but assuming the contacts list with that phone is compatible to sync with your car can you go into your contacts and press the menu key then select import/export. Now try exporting a contact to your sim card and see if that shows up?

Or if contacts are actually on the sim, import them to the phone?

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have tried with contacts on the phone and exporting contacts toi the SIM.  Neither seems to work but thank you for your suggestion.

Best regards

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I don't thinkk the Ace support Rsap, but there are apps that you can download off Play. This one is not free but there is a trial version you can try before you buy https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.irmc&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for this pointer, I think I see the problem now having looked some info on the web.  I will give your suggestion a try.

Best regards

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Full remote sim support doesn't come on android until ICS. Apparently, ICS will be coming later in the year for the Ace (April time from memory).

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thank you again for this information, all helps to get us old fogeys up to speed!

Best regards

Message 7 of 7