cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Ace memory full

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having problems with my Galaxy Ace saying that memory is nearly full. I have moved several (all downloaded) apps to my SD card, but the only way the phone works at the moment is by uninstalling Facebook, which is one of the reasons I changed to this phone. Is there a way of deleting as opposed to uninstalling apps or can I force an installation to the sd card? Would appreciate help, banging head on wall

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The biggest (only) problem with the Ace is that it only has 4Gb of internal storage. Once you have taken into account the system partition and the OS there is only about 1.6Gb left for user data (including apps). Some apps take up massive amounts of space and cannot be moved to an external SD card but some can be moved, even then, app data stays on the phone side! Make sure you store (move) all your photos, videos and music to an ext card and clear the cache of all your apps regularly - It's the best you can do with that phone unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1476121

This should help you:) just found it for you looks useful
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The biggest (only) problem with the Ace is that it only has 4Gb of internal storage. Once you have taken into account the system partition and the OS there is only about 1.6Gb left for user data (including apps). Some apps take up massive amounts of space and cannot be moved to an external SD card but some can be moved, even then, app data stays on the phone side! Make sure you store (move) all your photos, videos and music to an ext card and clear the cache of all your apps regularly - It's the best you can do with that phone unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Not sure that I really want to start getting this involved. I have made some space by clearing cache and have moved all I can to my SD card. I will bear this in mind if it gets really bad though.

Thank you

Ruby

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll have to keep freeing the cache until I can upgrade my phone.

Ruby

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem but can't see how to clear my cache or move my photos and videos, any help?

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Go into "My Files" and find the directory that your photos are in. Press Menu then Move and select the photos you want then press Move again and navigate to your external SD card and press done. Cache can be cleared for each of your apps in Settings >Applications >All

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've done something similar to this, basically where I became a 'superuser'. I worked for a little while but the old problem keeps rearing it's head. So annoying!

Message 8 of 9

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

It has around 155mb of usable memory.

One option is to install Apps2SD to move apps to the memory card. Also go into settings > applications and clear data/cache from your most used apps. Facebook generally uses a fair amount of storage space.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 9 of 9