cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Ace 2 still turning off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. Last week I posted on here that my Galaxy Ace 2 kept turning off and on. The advice I was given was to delete any apps I had downloaded and to restore to factory settings. I did all this and it seemed to work for a few days. The phone did not switch itself off. However, today it has been doing it a lot. I've deleted the apps etc but it is still turning off. 

Has anyone got any different advice for this problem?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this ---- i did and it worked for me -- I found this an another forum where a lot of people were talking about this and one of them stated that it is probably a problem that has to do with the WiFi connection of the phone. In Settings-> Wireless and networks-> Wi-Fi settings you can press the menu button to go to advanced settings. Here you will see the Wi-Fi sleep policy which means that the Wi-Fi will turn off once phone's screen turns off. This person chose for 'Never' instead of the standard 'When screen turns off', and didn't have any problems for 3 weeks straight. After that he switched it back just to see what would happen and the phone turned off by itself the same day. Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

It might an idea to let the battery run to the death and charge it overnight if you can. Charge it from off, as this will mean it will get a dedicated charge. Other than that, it nmight an idea to seek out a spare battery.

A few things to make sure are, you have GPS, Bluetooth turned off. Go into the task manager and see what is using most of the battery. Unfortunately, the cheaper the handset the more stuff they seem to run in the background.

Although the widgets won't always run at the same time, you can't always just turn them off. As it runs the Gingerbread version of Android, you will want the last release which improves the battery life.

Go into Settings > Applications > Running and see what is running. Click Show Cached processes. Make a note of these and click on the unwanted processes or apps. You should see a Disable button which will stop it actually executing on demand. However it won't remove it, this is where a rooted phone is handy.

Hope this helps.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice. I will try this and let you know if it works. 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this ---- i did and it worked for me -- I found this an another forum where a lot of people were talking about this and one of them stated that it is probably a problem that has to do with the WiFi connection of the phone. In Settings-> Wireless and networks-> Wi-Fi settings you can press the menu button to go to advanced settings. Here you will see the Wi-Fi sleep policy which means that the Wi-Fi will turn off once phone's screen turns off. This person chose for 'Never' instead of the standard 'When screen turns off', and didn't have any problems for 3 weeks straight. After that he switched it back just to see what would happen and the phone turned off by itself the same day. Hope this helps

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good tip mate wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

That seems like a feasible solution. I would have never have thought to look into the wireless settings. Then again, you never know.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 6