cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free VR gear promotion

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I recently purchased my samsung s7 edge. When I went to my local o2 shop I was undecided between the s7 edge and the iphone 7. Having been with iphone for the last 10 years I was swaying towards purchasing the iphone 7. After talking to the sales assistant she convinced me into making the switch to samsung. The offer of the free vr gear sealed the deal as i watch alot of movies and sport on my phone. The sales assistant assured me that even though I purchased my phone on the 11th that the promotional offer still applied and gave me a promotional flyer. As i had to wait 14days before i could apply for the vr gear this meant that my grace period where I could return the phone lapsed, so now I'm stuck with the phone and no vr gear. I contacted samsung, they say they have to stick to the dates on the promotion and told me to contact the retailer so i contacted the online chat team, they told me to contact the store i purchased from. When i did they told me that the offer should still apply because samsung had not recalled the promotional flyers but that there was nothing they could do about it. Any ideas anyone?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You should really call rather than use live chat.

If you get no satisfaction this link will help : http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Sounds like the assistant was trying to close the deal by any means.
Hope you get some resolution from complaints.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Pointless waste of resources when CPW give the vr out on the spot.
Stops this kind of customer dissatisfaction
Message 5 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you getting on, did you get anywhere with this in the end?

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've completely given up at this stage! I was on the phone to customer services for 45 mins last week and in the end up they just told me to go back to the shop (eho already washed their hands of me!) as there was nothing they could do from their end.
I think I'll just put it down as a lesson learned and steer clear of o2 in future!!
Message 7 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I wouldn't I'd be writing a letter of complaint and carbon copying the advertising standards in it as well
Message 8 of 8