cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Micro SD card or Faulty Handset??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi my mum bought a 32GB sandisk Micro SD card for her Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. We dragged her music from the PC to the section "Card". When we looked through the files and tried to play them, they all said Memory Full please delete items. Even when the memory card was inserted it still wasn't recognising the card or playing anything. We formatted the card so there was nothing on the internal memory which was understandable however when i looked at the external memory it was red and full.  Just wondering what to do know as I have run out of ideas of what to do next. Any relevant help would be gratefully recieved.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
OK, first thing to do is format the card in the phone. Go to settings >storage. You will see device memory at the top which is the phone then scroll down and you will see SD card. At the very bottom is an option to format SD card (maybe in "Menu" depending on your firmware), anyway choose the option to format the sd card then look and see what it says under "Total space"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I don't know where you got the card from but there are many fakes about that don't work.... What capacity does it say it formatted to?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi it was from Amazon and it says something about "transflash" and Micro SD HC if that's any use??

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
OK, first thing to do is format the card in the phone. Go to settings >storage. You will see device memory at the top which is the phone then scroll down and you will see SD card. At the very bottom is an option to format SD card (maybe in "Menu" depending on your firmware), anyway choose the option to format the sd card then look and see what it says under "Total space"

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all your help. It has been very much appreciated slight_smile

Message 5 of 6

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi jellybean94:

Just FYI, I have changed the 'Accepted solution from this post to the post that actually helped, as this helps others know what to do slight_smile

Cheers!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 6