Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset - Samsung Galaxy Tab A - Now requires QR code

Ru
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an O2 Samsung Galaxy Tab A (T585). I wanted to re-build it for my daughter, so I have done a Factory Reset from the Settings menu. After reboot it now prompts for an Organisation QR code. I have none, this was a personal device.

I have found some suggestion that it may be linked to Google Factory Reset Protection (FRP) but not what to do about it. The device has already been removed from my Google Account.

I have tried a hard reset from the recovery menu as well, but this also reboots to prompt for an Organisation QR code.

If required, my ownership of this device can be proved as it was on a staff plan and should still be listed on my account.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Where did the tablet come from originally?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ru
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased it at the O2 shop in 260 Bath Road. I am a member of staff.

Message 4 of 9

Ru
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought this 2 years ago and have no box anymore.

I didn't require one when I first set it up.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You should always remove your Google account from the device before a factory reset.
If it is FRP it's a *beep!* to get round and differs from device to device.
You may be better off talking to Google about it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Ru 

We have this a lot at work and its a pain in the A%$%^£$

If it is asking for an Organisational QR Code then it is enrolled in a Enterprise MDM Solution. And you will have to prove ownership.

o2 can't do anything.

Google wont have anything to do with this, and Samsung will require the following: (and you will have to send it off to them) (they may charge)

1. Proof of Purchase only acceptable proof is Reciept from time of Purchase or Invoice
2. Serial Number and IMEI

It normally takes 14-28 days to turn around, and you need to contact Samsung Support..

DO NOT TAKE IT IN TO A SAMSUNG REPAIR SHOP, they will just send it off to Samsung

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 9

Ru
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks to all the responses.
I will contact Samsung.
I am so puzzled as I never knowingly enrolled in any MDM solution, it is a personal device. But will see what Samsung say.
Message 8 of 9

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Have you ever chosen to use this personal device for business use? (as in you've used a bring your own device program)
Message 9 of 9