cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook App on Android Device (HTX One X)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Ever since an update to the Facebook app sometime around November 2012 the Facebook app on my HTC One X (updated to Jelly Bean after the O2 saga was finally resolved!) has gone from being completely fine to almost unusable. You can rarely get it to open comments to either view or add them, it takes an eternity to refresh posts any older than 24 hours and is slow at pretty much everything. I am using home wi-fi and still get this problem.

Is this a problem with HTC's (maybe being caused by HTC Sense or something), or is it an Android wide problem. I have just confirmed with another O2 HTC One X user I know that they use their browser instead of the app as "the app is crap."

Any idea guys (and gals) as it is very frustrating! 

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I seem to have solved my own problem!

After more frustration trying to get FB to work via the app, I had a hissy fit and decided i would just use the browser version instead.  In order to vent my rage i tried to unistall the app, but managed to only delete all (I think) of the updates that I had downloaded from the Play Store.

My Facebook app says it is now running version 1.9.10 and is working PERFECTLY!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, its crap 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I don't think there is a good app for Facebook, I'm using Friendcaster to see how good that is.

I may try Seesmic if this one's no good.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm, I regularly use the facebook app on my unbranded HTC one X and have no issues at all. I remember seeing similar comments to these on the Vodafone forum before moving to O2 - could it be that provider 'bloatware' is contributing ........
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No I don't think so as I am not on O2 firmware. Facebook execs told the app developers they had to use their app on an android device because it was so bad compared to the Apple app. It has improved recently but it's still slow and clunky.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I seem to have solved my own problem!

After more frustration trying to get FB to work via the app, I had a hissy fit and decided i would just use the browser version instead.  In order to vent my rage i tried to unistall the app, but managed to only delete all (I think) of the updates that I had downloaded from the Play Store.

My Facebook app says it is now running version 1.9.10 and is working PERFECTLY!

Message 6 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for the update!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Another update out today for facebook so be careful you don't download it.

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Version 2.2 - again seems fine on my one x. Be sure to switch off automatic updates or your phone will download the update itself.
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I haven't had any problems with the latest update either but to be honest I haven't noticed any difference.

Message 10 of 13