Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic/Ongoing issue - Anyone else?

underdog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi ! please bear with me on this, its a long story  . . . snooze ! !

Im having ongoing intermittent issues with my Samsung Android (txts & calls not functioning although Whatsapp seem ok). I frequently have to reboot my device before txts & calls are possible.

02 Guru no.1 suggested in the following order: a soft reset > full factory reset > send my device for repair > purchase new device.

However I since then found that my colleague also has the exact same issue on 02 which occurred the same time - hence its not my device.

02 Guru no.2 suggested trying a new sim card as part of a fault elimination process.

The local 02 shop provided a new sim card & staff informed a network issue had occured at the end of last week (Thurs 4 or Fri 5 Oct ) had affected staff & customers, when my problem begun.

The nearby carphone warehouse then informed, they had redirected numerous customers back to the 02 shop as it was not a device issue but network or simcard issue.

*if you are still reading this well done for persevering ! ! *

Anyway the new simcard (inserted yesterday) provided temporary relief but the issue / problem has resumed.  My colleague inserted a new sim & has no further issues.

02 Guru no.3 is looking into it my problem (Fri 12 Oct a.m)

Has anyone else had similar issues or can anyone offer advise please ?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd go for a manual network selection rather than auto until any problems are either resolved or settle down from the maintenance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@underdog Have you contacted Samsung support? https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @underdog, I was wondering if you'd had any updates on this since you last posted? Did any of the suggestions above help out?

Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 7

underdog
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Bambino,

As mentioned my colleague also had the same issues with his device (after the original network issue which affected numerous others) so obviously we assumed it wasnt this device.

I took the device in for a diagnostics check at a local 02 shop & the guru did what he could (including update checks, resetting network settings etc).  He advised changing sim card & factory reset etc werent going to solve the problem.  I thanked him for his efforts but the issue remains unsolev.

I suppose giving Samsung support a try cant help, thanks.

Message 5 of 7

underdog
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emilie,

no joy yet (see my last reply above to Bambino) but I have appreciated the various posters who have given their suggestions & time,

thanks & regards

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@underdog wrote:

He advised changing sim card & factory reset etc werent going to solve the problem. 

Your sim in a different phone will confirm if your sim is working or not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7