cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Manager eating into data allowance

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Samsung Galaxy Ace is eating my data allowance. I ran the Bill Angel app and it says its the data manager that has caused the excessive usage. I can't see whats being downloaded, but its about 109mb for 3 weeks worth. I tried google play and it is set to only update when there is a wifi connection. Im not a big data user, so I don't know what the problem is. Can anyone help? Thanks

Duncan

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The data manager is what controls all data flow so it will show up as highest useage.
Go into Settings and select data useage in the networking section.(if available on the ace)
This will give a breakdown of useage.
Being honest though, 109mb over 3 weeks is pretty good for a modern phone.
Standard data useage includes emails, preloading of videos on social media, location services, weather, browser and other little bits that could easily add up to 100-300mb per month.

If too concerned, backup your data on the handset and perform a factory reset to clear out any nasties that may have caused any bugs.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The data manager is what controls all data flow so it will show up as highest useage.
Go into Settings and select data useage in the networking section.(if available on the ace)
This will give a breakdown of useage.
Being honest though, 109mb over 3 weeks is pretty good for a modern phone.
Standard data useage includes emails, preloading of videos on social media, location services, weather, browser and other little bits that could easily add up to 100-300mb per month.

If too concerned, backup your data on the handset and perform a factory reset to clear out any nasties that may have caused any bugs.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Brunel and welcome to the forum.

Their are a few apps that can let you know what's using your data too.

Some phones have settings and can show what app is using what data.

Try to use Wifi when and where possible and maybe look at increasing your data allowance if required. Obviously looking at costs.

Your Myo2 will tell you what's available to you if on contract or if on payg add a bolt on when needed.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Constant updates to the weather app, emails, facebook, twitter etc will all count towards usage.
If you want to avoid any data use unless on wifi, turn off mobile data on the phone.
Also check in settings >accounts and check the sync intervals set for each of your signed into accounts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, just incase, on the facebook app, go to settings and turn the autoplay video setting to wifi only or just completely off.

Message 5 of 5