cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont ever buy Galaxy s4 - o2 I will be leaving you

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I renewed my contract with o2 and got Galaxy s4 4 months ago

Brilliant phone, loved it. Used samsung products for last 6 years. But this was my last samsung and i think o2 just lost me as well

2 days ago as always i put my galaxy s4 to my pocket. 10 min later tried to call but the screen was cracked. Sent it away for repair but as suspected they said this is not under warranty.

So basically £450 phone broke after 4 months. I didn't drop it, didn't sit on it, just put it in my pocket. If you have galaxy s4 please remember to buy a SUITCASE to carry it in it.

As for o2 i know its not their fault but at the end i bought a phone with O2 not with samsung so i don't think i will renew my contract anymore. Been o2 customer for 7 years and i know they wont care if i stay or go and the worst thing is i have more less 2 years of my contract to go

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Next upgrade though, I'm going back to an Iphone, battery lasts longer, and cheaper/more free apps/games on Itunes.

Dont forget the poor standard Apple 12 month warranty.

If only Apple had faith in its products to offer a 24 month warranty as standard.

If Nokia, Sony & Samsung can then surely Apple should.

I nearly forgot, the extra cost of Apple care Smiley LOL

Apple = always thinking how to extract as much £ from the customers wallet as possible. wink

Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow up on the story

O2 quoted me 124 for the repair. I sent an email to the complaint team and in a result they offered me 50% discount on the repair. Not bad. Maybe there is hope in people lol

Message 12 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94013 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Very fair offer, you'll be able to sell it on now! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

Very fair offer, you'll be able to sell it on now! slight_smile

I'll give you £50 for it, or swap it for a HTC One X!

Message 15 of 20

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually o2 policy is for the length of the contract so if 24 months iphone deal the 24 month warranty look on o2 fourm this wat pasted I contacted 02 via email and got a speedy response (contrary to what other people appear to receive).

They have advised that if the contract is 12, 18 or 24 months then the manufacturers warranty is effective throughout the contract.

Having gone to Sony Ericsson and also Samsung websites they both clearly state that their manufacturers warranty is for 2 years.

Great News (seeing as my Sony Ericsson S500i has been back to the Sony repair centre 3 times because of cracked keys) Thats why I wanted to ensure I was covered for more than 12 months.

now here is link  http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Phone-Warranty-Period/td-p/1823

hope it help also i was also told this above 3 days ago

Message 17 of 20

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

This thread is nothing to do with the o2 warrantee period, it's about a broken screen which is not covered.

Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Little bit off topic but also about samsung

So apart from the phone i also have Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. And guess what. Got broken as well lol. This time it broke after 7 months. Just my luck. If i had old 6610 nokia it would probably break as well lol.

Message 19 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94013 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions