cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont ever buy Galaxy s4 - o2 I will be leaving you

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I renewed my contract with o2 and got Galaxy s4 4 months ago

Brilliant phone, loved it. Used samsung products for last 6 years. But this was my last samsung and i think o2 just lost me as well

2 days ago as always i put my galaxy s4 to my pocket. 10 min later tried to call but the screen was cracked. Sent it away for repair but as suspected they said this is not under warranty.

So basically £450 phone broke after 4 months. I didn't drop it, didn't sit on it, just put it in my pocket. If you have galaxy s4 please remember to buy a SUITCASE to carry it in it.

As for o2 i know its not their fault but at the end i bought a phone with O2 not with samsung so i don't think i will renew my contract anymore. Been o2 customer for 7 years and i know they wont care if i stay or go and the worst thing is i have more less 2 years of my contract to go

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94013 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Your best option would be to send the phone to Samsung. There have been others reporting this so if it's a manufacturing problem you are far more likely to get the issue resolved dealing directly with the manufacturers.

O2's repairers will just look at the problem as a cracked screen and put it down to a user fault.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

Also consider a complaint here: O2 | Complaint

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

jonsie
  • 94013 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Your best option would be to send the phone to Samsung. There have been others reporting this so if it's a manufacturing problem you are far more likely to get the issue resolved dealing directly with the manufacturers.

O2's repairers will just look at the problem as a cracked screen and put it down to a user fault.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

Also consider a complaint here: O2 | Complaint

Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the help

yeah already contacted Samsung will see what they gonna say

Message 3 of 20

jonsie
  • 94013 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

so got a response from samsung

It is in our interest to attempt to repair a device wherever possible, within the warranty guidelines. Please note that our warranty covers manufacturing defects only. Devices that have physical damage, liquid or moisture damage, or devices that have been tampered with are not covered by our warranty. Please contact our service centre directly in order to obtain a quote for the repair of your device.

so basically buy a briefcase to carry your s4 in it. if you put it in the pocket you may be unlucky just like me

Message 5 of 20

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's the same response you would get from the maker of any electronic kit, if it's broken you need to prove it wasn't you.

We know that's not easy but there's nothing we can advise that will help.

We have seen many cases like this here, sometimes the makers will help and sometimes they won't.

I wouls still send it to Samsung for their report.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah i know you guys cant help

Just wanted to share my experience with Samsung

Maybe i was just unlucky but i still do believe that phone that costs more than 400 quid should not be that fragile. The phone was used according to it purpose and was carried in my pocket which i believe every one does.

Anyway local repairer quoted me 180 for the screen. Will see how much samsung will quote me for

Looks like HTC one would be better choice in terms of quality of materials used

Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a S4 from Phones 4 U (handset only) 3 months ago, 13 days later the screen cracked  how i will never know. I treat my phone like its plutonium so it gutted me somewhat., anyway  P4U didn't want to know and denied any defect with S4's being reported so i had to get it repaired. o2 repaired it for the sum of £124.99 a bit of a blow but better than losing a brand new phone, so while o2 might not be perfect i think the true blame lies at Samsungs feet for not making a mobile phone that can even be put in a pocket ( i only ever put mine in a loose jacket pocket). I now have an otterbox defender case, its a beast to say the least but my official samsung live view case isnt worth the crap its made of.

While this be of no help to you at least the wider audience can steer clear of a product not upto its mobile billing

Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah looks like the problem might be more common. Found few on the internet with the same issue.

Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

This kind of thing is why I went for an S3 instead of an S4 when I upgraded in May.

Next upgrade though, I'm going back to an Iphone, battery lasts longer, and cheaper/more free apps/games on Itunes.

Message 10 of 20